Character and Well-Being
Establish a multi-tiered system of support that provides for the emotional, social, behavioral and physical needs of each student.
- Goal Leader
- Dr. Terry Harris - Executive Director Student Services
- Provide professional learning opportunities in the area of restorative practices and relationship building at all levels.
- Expand restorative practices and programs to all schools at all levels.
- Partner with community organizations for mental health resources for adolescent depression and suicide awareness, which is inclusive of mental health, wellness and mindfulness.
- Develop a student health and wellness survey and utilize the results to identify student needs.
- Provide opportunities for parents and guardians to learn about the intellectual and developmental needs of their children, at all ages, and participate constructively in their children’s education.
- Implement support structures that are rooted in empathy, fairness, and justice.
- Expand the school district’s anti-bullying program.
- Collaborate with emergency management officials to ensure best practices are implemented for school safety.
- Review and evaluate the district's comprehensive safety plan.
- Provide professional learning on safety for staff at all levels.
Each objective will be reviewed annually from 2020-2025 to ensure accountability toward the strategic plan. As we move forward, the action steps and strategies may be refined and updated. Rockwood will identify multiple measures of evidence of learning and growth as we meet the future needs of our students and school community.