Goal Area: Student Academic LearningSkip Page Navigation
Objective: Create Relevant, Thought-Provoking, Authentic Learning Experiences That Engage All Students
- Create opportunities and support for teachers to connect curricula by designing interdisciplinary experiences and/or project-based learning at all grade levels.
- Develop and implement a system that supports all students engaging in a senior capstone experience.
- Foster student curiosity by ensuring that all curricular areas include design thinking, critical thinking, problem-solving and inquiry-based experiences.
- Maintain a curriculum writing/revision process that ensures coursework is updated frequently enough to reflect skills that will prepare students for the future.
- Create a personalized, competency-based system of learning and assessment for students grades 6-12.
- Increase online and blended learning opportunities for students.
Objective: Equip All Students with The Flexibility and Adaptability Needed to Be Successful in An Ever-Changing World
- Identify specific life skills to be explicitly taught to all students and embed them in the curriculum.
- Identify key communications skills Rockwood graduates will possess and develop proficiency scales for each.
- Ensure students possess the digital communication, digital literacy and digital citizenship skills necessary to engage effectively with others.
- Provide students with challenging problems that take perseverance and grit to solve throughout the curricula.
- Develop a media literacy plan that teaches students how to disseminate information and analyze information to determine bias.
- Create opportunities for students to explore personal interests within the existing curricula.
- Create courses and learning opportunities within existing curricula that reflect a global perspective.
Objective: Engage All Students to Take Ownership of Their Learning
- Create systems for student goal-setting, self-assessment, and reflection in all coursework.
- Develop and implement a pre-K12 scope and sequence for community service and/or service learning that connects to the curriculum.
- Develop a plan for every student to create a learner profile.
- Support pedagogical shifts in instruction that promote student voice, choice and collaboration.
Each objective will be reviewed annually from 2020-2025 to ensure accountability toward the strategic plan. As we move forward, the action steps and strategies may be refined and updated. Rockwood will identify multiple measures of evidence of learning and growth as we meet the future needs of our students and school community.